This recipe is for those who want a special something in the usual roasted salmon and love a sweetness to their meal. Even though it seems like a complicated recipe with so many ingredients, I assure you, it´s really simple. It only takes three steps to bake the delicious salmon!
The combination in taste of spicy fresh ginger, salty soy sauce but at the same time sweetness of the honey is like you are taken on an adventure journey. The first time I made this for my loved one the feed back I received was: “I feel like I´m eating at a fancy restaurant”. That make me chuckle. After the meal he asked for more and was sad, there was none left. So be sure to make enough for seconds.
- 2 125g salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°c fan.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, white vinegar, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger and chives in a baking dish.
- Completely cover the salmon fillets with the marinade and let it sit for at least 30min or overnight.
- Bake the salmon until it flakes easily with a fork, about 20min.
- Serve with some rice and broccoli.