If you know me, you know I don’t like avocado. Mostly people will gasp at this because, well, everyone likes avocado! I don’t know what it is, the taste just isn’t my thing.
But lately I have come to love this avocado pasta I made! With some seasoning, the avocado taste seems to have been upgraded to something incredibly delicious! So if you are an avocado lover, you’re going to love this anyways! But if you don’t like avocado, like me, you’re still going to love this! Try it, I promise you will be blown away.
For extra creaminess, I added some sour cream which compliments the avocado nicely. If you are vegan, you can easily leave it out and add more olive oil, or switch it out for vegan yogurt.
- 300g pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- 100g sour cream (vegan alternative: vegan yogurt)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 hand full of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the paste according to package instructions.
- Roughly chop the garlic and place it into a blender. Add basil, avocado, sour cream, lemon juice and seasoning. Blend until smooth.
- Place the pasta and the avocado paste back into a pot and reheat while stirring constantly.
- Serve warm with some fresh basil on top.
One Reply to “Avocado Pasta”