After all this time, I’m here with a new Recipe for you guys. Once again with a comforting One-pot that will get you nicely through the remaining winter. (you guys know, I This time there is something special waiting for you guys. From now on I will have a beautifully shot video recipe for (almost) every recipe I upload here.
Those of you that follow me on Instagram (you really should 😉 ) might already know that video in comparison to photography is more my jam. I know that photography plays a big roll, in the food community, and don’t get me wrong, I like trying my best to take a good photo. But I just find more joy in videography. Let me know what you guys think of the video and of the recipe in the comments below. (excuse the pictures here on the blogpost, they are only screenshots from the video, that will be different next time! 🙂 )
When it comes to the recipe. You guys know I always say, adapt it to your liking. Change up the veggies, switch out the lentils for beans. Let is know in the comments below, what you did to make it your own.
So lets get on to the recipe!
- 1 zucchini
- 200g mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 500g diced tomatoes/ passata
- 150g soaked lentils (rinse and soak for 2h)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 100g couscous
- Wash and dice the zucchini. Peel and dice the carrots. Clean and quarter the mushrooms. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Slowly heat up a pot with some olive oil and add the onion. Let it sit for a few minutes until the union is slightly translucent before adding the garlic. When the garlic has become fragrant, add the mushrooms, carrot and zucchini. Stir and let it fry for about 5min.
- Then add the diced tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil. Then add the soaked lentils and cook on medium heat. Cook for about 15min before adding couscous. Keep stirring to avoid the bottom getting burned. Cook until the couscous is done. About 5min. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
One Reply to “Comforting Vegan Couscous One-pot”