This weeks recipe is one for those lazy sundays or saturdays. Something that is a necessity on those chill mornings are pancakes. But why not jazz up the pancakes with some matcha?
Matcha is a green tea popular in Japan. It is made of finely ground and specially grown green tea leaves. Because of it’s powder form, it is great to work into different recipes.
So let me show you guys how to make this delicious fluffy matcha pancake. You won’t even believe it’s vegan!
makes 1-2 portions
- 200g of all purpose flour
- 250ml of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp of matcha green tea
- First combine the flour with the baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Then sieve the matcha into the bowl and mix well.
- Then prepare the wet ingredients by adding the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk. let it sit for 10min until it has curdled a little.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat. Grease it with a little coconut oil. Spoon two table spoons of batter to form one pancake. Let sit until the edges harden and you can see little bubbles forming.
- Flip and don’t press down for supper fluffy pancakes. Let it sit for another few minutes.
- Serve the pancakes hot with some honey or syrup and fruit of your choice.