Man I haven’t posted here in a while. I’ve been focusing on my Youtube, but now I’m back. 😉 And I’m back with an amazing recipe!
Let’s first address the elephant in the room. If you’re reading this around when I wrote this, man it’s a weird time right now. With this unfamiliar virus out and about everyone is trying to stay indoors. We for example have shifted from grocery shopping every 4 to 5 days to once a week.
So recipes like this are perfect! Uses pretty much only pantry staples. (If you count kimchi as a pantry staple 😉 )
What is special about this recipe, is that it is a fusion recipe. It has the Asian flavors from the kimchi and the italian texture from the pasta. Just a beautiful marriage that everyone should try!
So easy and quick to make! So let’s get right into it 😉
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks of scallion
- 250g of spaghetti
- 3/4 cups of kimchi* (or more or less, however much you want)
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp paprika spice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
*make sure your kimchi is vegan
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. In the mean time mince the garlic, cut the scallions into thin slices, slice the onion and roughly chop the kimchi into smaller pieces.
- Once the paste is done, drain the excess water and set aside. Heat up a large non stick pan and heat some olive oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and 3/4 of the chopped scallion, leaving the green part aside for garnish.
- Once the garlic and scallions have softened, add the onion, paprika spice and kimchi. Fry for about 2-3min or until the onions are soft. Add a little kimchi sauce out of the kimchi packaging for some extra flavour.
- Add the soy sauce and mix well. Add the cooked pasta, mix well and let it fry for about 3-4min.
- Serve hot with the green part of the scallion served on top.