When I first met my sweetheart, he kept mentioning a delicious tuna tomato sauce he loves to make, with his special ingredient: cinnamon. At first I was skeptical, when I heard he wanted to add a seasoning, mostly ment for sweet dishes, into our savory pasta sauce with fish. Even so I gave it a go, and it blew my socks off! I was amazed at how the flavor of cinnamon, harmonized perfectly with the tuna. Ever since, it has been our staple dinner, when we want something simple and fast. It can be ready to serve in just 15min, and because of that perfect for long working or study days.
Give this special combination a go! I promise it will positively surprise you! Special Thank you and credits to my partner in crime.
- 300g pasta
- 200g canned tuna
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g passata
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package and set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic and brown lightly in an oiled pot. (If you are using canned tuna in oil, you can use the canned oil to saute the garlic)
- Pour in the passata and keep stirring and bring it to a light boil.
- Add the tuna and mix in the seasoning.
- After all has been mixed well, combine the cooked pasta with the tuna tomato sauce on a low heat, just until the paste has reheated.