Once again, it was sunday and I had some how forgotten to buy groceries ahead for that day! In Germany all stores are closed on sunday, and you might think now that I have moved here 1 1/2 years ago, I might have gotten the hang of that. But there are just those days, where my mind is somewhere els.
So I looked into the pantry to see what I have to work with. So I gathered my Pasta, and decided to make aglio olio, when I discovered a jar of dried tomatoes in the far corner of my pantry. That is when I hat a lightbulb moment and decided to make this delicious tomato algio olio. I was so surprised how incredibly yummy this turned out and was actually glad I had forgotten the groceries for sunday.
So in case you forgot your groceries or are just do lazy to go out and purchase some, make this delicious aglio olio! I promise you won’t be sorry.
- 300g linguine (or any other long pasta)
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 dried chilli pepper
- 90ml olive oil
- 5 tsbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 60ml noodle water
- hand full of dried tomatoes in oil
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and set aside. Make sure to save 60ml of noodle water before discarding.
- Slice the garlic into thin slices. Pour the oil into a pot and slightly brown the garlic on medium heat with the crushed chilli.
- Add the pasta back into the pot and fry for a few minuets, making sure the keep the pasta in constant movement, so it does not stick to the pot. Add the dried parsley and the noodle water. Add the tomatoes and taste with salt and pepper.