I can’t get enough of this! A classic meatball spaghetti. Ok that’s a lie, it is more of a meatball linguine with some healthy peas. Super delicious and healthy! great for the whole family.
I like to make more meatballs to chill as a snack for when I’m in uni. Or for a meal of meatball sub. Ok I have got to stop describing food, or my laptop keyboard will be drown in saliva. (Ok, that is gross, I’m sorry.)
What I haven’t tried but is probably really delicious is putting a cube of cheese in the middle of the meatballs. Imagine the runny cheese dripping out! I have got to try that the next time I make some!
- 250g linguine
- 500g minced meat
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 1 egg
- 50g 5bread crumbs
- 1tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g peas
- 500g diced canned tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a bowl mix together the minced meat, egg, parmesan, breadcrumbs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. When combined well, roll them into golf-sized balls.
- Heat and grease a frying pan. Place in the meatballs and brown from all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Finley chop the garlic and brown slightly in the meat drippings. Add the diced tomatoes and and bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper, sugar and oregano. Add the peas and meatballs. Cover and cook for 10min
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Plate up, place meatballs on the linguine and pour over the tomato sauce.