Today I have three really easy healthy and plant based snack ideas for you guys. These are some of my favorites and go-to’s when I want something wholesome to snack on. So let me just show you guys what I make:
Energy Protein Balls
This one is sooo easy! Only 2 ingredients and done in under 10min.
- 250g dried pitted dates
- 250g ground almonds
- splash of water
- coating of your choice: Matcha, Cocoa powder, coconut flakes ect.
- Mince the dates into small bits. If you have a food processor, this will make your life so much easier. Then add the dates and the ground almonds into a bowl and massage to combine. If it feels too dry and not formable, add a splash of water.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball sized balls and set aside. If you like, coat them with the desired coating. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Carrot Banana Bread
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 carrot
- 100g sugar
- 70ml plant based milk
- hand full of walnuts
- Pre heat the oven to 175°C/350°F
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then peel and grate the carrots on the smallest setting and mash a very ripe banana. Add the carrot and the banana to the try ingredients. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the walnuts. Combine to make an even batter.
- Grease a baking tin and add the mixture to the tin. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and bake in the oven for 20min or until a skewer comes out clean.
Chocolate Nut Clusters
- 200g Nuts of your choice (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp rock salt
- Cut the chocolate into small and even pieces. Place it into a double boiler (a pot of hot water with a glass/metal bowl on top) to melt. Then add in the nuts and mix until the nuts are completely covered in chocolate.
- Scoop spoonful of nuts onto a baking parchment and sprinkle some rock salt on top. Let it cool and harden before storing it in a box.
I hope you guys love these recipes as much as I do! Let me know in the comments down below, which one is your favorite. Thank you so much for reading.