It was my boyfriends 25th birthday earlier this month, and I wanted to make him a day filled with all his favorite things. Including all his favorite food of course. I documented it all in this video below.
For breakfast I made him this fantastic savory breakfast that is most definitely the best I’ve ever had! So I made sure to share the recipe with you guys down below. Let me know what you think!
Tofu Scrambled Egg with Avocado Slices
- Baguette bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- firm tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric 200g
- Crumble the tofu into little bits, it doesn’t need to be perfect. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and combine. (the turmeric is just for color and not for taste). Carefully heat up a pan on medium heat. Add some olive oil and then the tofu. Fry until hot.
- Toast the baguette slices if you like. And cut the avocado into thin slices.
- Mash one slice of avocado onto the bread and then add as much tofu scrambled egg as you desire (the avocado on the bottom is to help the tofu stick) Then top it with some more avocado slices. Season the top with a little salt and pepper.
Lentil Spread with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes
- Baguette bread
- 150g red lentils
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- The day before: Wash and soak the red lentils over night. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Season the tomatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 200°C/400°F for 15-20min or until they have visibly softened. Take them out of the oven and let them cool and refrigerate.
- The same day: Cook the red lentils in water that just covers the lentils in the pot. Let it cook until the lentils are soft and the water as evaporated. Season with 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toast the baguette if you desire and plate the lentil spread with the roasted tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with some dried or fresh parsley for decoration.
If you liked this post, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with others! And feel free to follow me on my Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest