Fabulous vegan apple cake with the crunch of walnuts, juciness of raisins and aroma of almonds. All mixed in one bowl with a simple mixing spoon!
Serves 1 springform pan 10 inch
- 5 Apples
- 3/4 cup (140g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) flour
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (100g) chopped wallnuts
- 1 cup (200g) raisins
- 2 tbs almond liquor (amaretto)
- 1 tbs apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Grate 4 apples on the chunky setting into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, vegetable oil and flaxseed egg into the bowl and mix well with using a mixing spoon or spatula.
- Sift together dry ingredience and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Finaly fold in the wallnuts and raisins.
- Transfer batter into a springform pan and top with slices of the leftover apple.
- Bake for 45-60min.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5min befor pouring almond liquor evenly ontop. And glaze with some hot appricot jam.
Tipp: Choose a vegetable oil with neutral aroma. I used safflower oil.
Wish you a lovely meal!
Leave a comment for some feedback.