I hope you had an amazing day so far. To make it even better, I present you this amazing carrot cake. This recipe is easy and healthy, with no added fat and only very little flour. All its goodness comes from nuts and of course, carrots. For me, carrot cake is perfect for any occasion! Tea time is always carrot cake time!
- 4 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 300g finely shredded carrots
- 1 lemon
- 250g finely grated almonds
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix egg yolk, sugar and grated carrots.
- Add grated almonds, flour and baking powder and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg white until stiff.
- Slowly fold the stiff egg white into the carrot batter.
- Oil a spring from pan, and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 170°c for 50min.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool fully.
- Prepare icing to spread on top and decorate as you wish.