Today it is all about comfort food during this changeable spring here in Germany. During this unpredictable period, one thing I know is that my Tortelloni Panna won’t disappoint.
This recipe came to be one sunny sunday, after my sweetheart and I strolled through the lovely german town Passau. We walked for hours, enjoying the sun and the time together. Along the way we had stopped for some iced coffee that was surprisingly cheap and disappointingly horrible. When we got home we had worked up an appetite and had become shaky and a little dizzy from the humongous cup of coffee. So we decided to cook something more heavy for dinner. I took the night of creating in the kitchen and let my sweetheart whip up the most amazing Tortelloni Panna. We sat on the balcony enjoying our dinner with me “Mhh”-ing with every bite. This meal truly came close to the most satisfying meal ever! So I had to come and share it with my friends here.
- 500g tortelloni (with filling of your choice, I used spinach ricotta)
- 300g heavy cream
- 60g bacon bits
- 100g canned peas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- Cook the tortelloni according to the package instructions.
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic. Oil a pot with olive oil and cook the onions with the garlic until slightly transparent.
- Add the bacon bits and peas into the pot stirring for 1-2 minuets.
- Pour in the heavy cream and add the seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked tortelloni and keep stirring until sauce has thickened. If the sauce is still too runny, add 1/2-1 tsp of cornstarch to reach the desired consistency.