I hope you had a lovely week. I am currently buried under a pile of work and have been a little stressed lately. Most of the time I stress myself far more than necessary and slow my productivity, since I’m busy worrying. Do any of you do that to? So what do I do to calm my nerves, you guessed it: Food! The unhealthier, the more satisfying it is. And my number one comfort food is Grilled Cheese! The crunchy bread on the outside with the runny warm cheese on the inside, just melts all my worries away. In addition, I made my grilled cheese with my homemade Rosemary Walnut bread, wich perfected the aroma even more!
I paired it classically with tomato soup, but with a fantastic indian tomato soup with fresh tomatoes and lots of onions. Of course you can pair it with the classic rich tomato. Any other soup will work fine as well, however I think the combination of tomato and cheese is perfect. They are like soul mates, ment for each other. (Hence the awesomeness of Pizza!)
I made my grilled cheese with gouda cheese, just because that is my favorite, but you can use any cheese you like. Traditionall, american grilled cheese is made with cheddar, but any cheese that melts easily will do. Like Emmentaler, Mozzarella, Gouda, Cheddar.
Maybe you might be in a similar situation, a little stressed from work or other things. Don’t you worry, I promise this grilled cheese recipe will calm your nerves and comfort you from within!
- 4 large slices of Rosemary Walnut Bread (recipe: Walnut Rosemary Bread)
- 2 slices of gouda (or other cheese of your choice)
- 4 tbsp of butter
- Butter the slices of bread on one side.
- Places 2 slices of buttered bread with the buttered side down into a heated non-stick skillet.
- Place a slice of cheese on top and top it off with a nother slice of bread, with the buttered side facing upward.
- Gill until lightly browned and flip over. Cover the pan with a lid to trap the heat, and let the cheese melt.