Mothers day is coming up and we should all be planning something nice to spoil our mommies. When we were young, they spent so much time, money and effort and sacrificed so much for us. We should give at least as much back, now that we have grown up. Spend as much quality time with your mom as possible and show them all your love. And what better way to do that than with this delicious apple brownie! Because we all know: A way to mommies heart, is through her tummy. Surprise her with this delicious cake, or spend the day baking together.
I want to dedicate this apple brownie to my mommy. She used to bake this cake sparingly, since it wasn’t the healthiest. But I always loved this cake and would secretly eat as much as I could without her noticing. (But let’s be hones, mothers always know!) My mother ist the strongest, kindest and most beautiful woman I know! she always cares for others, putting others needs before hers and is always there for me no matter what! She deserves the best! She means so much to me, and I can never thank her enough for all the effort she put in raising us! I hope one day, I can be as good of a mother as she is! 妈咪我爱你！(Mommy I love you!)
- 175g butter (room temperature)
- 175g icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8g vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla aroma
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 30g coco powder
- 380g chopped apples
- 175g flour
- 7g baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate couverture
- Let the butter soften to room temperature. Them mix the butter with a mixer on the highest setting until it reaches a creamy consistency. Slowly add the icing sugar and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat each egg for about 2min. Add the vanilla sugar, vanilla aroma, salt, cinnamon and coco powder.
- Sieve in the flour with the baking powder and fold gently. Cut the apple into chunky pieces and add it into the mixture.
- Butter a 9 inch spring form pan and pour in the batter and smooth it out.
- Bake at 180°c fan for 40min.
- Let the cake cool completely. Melt the couverture and spread it evenly on top. Decorate to your liking. I suggest some chopped almonds.