We all know it’s fall, and currently all about pumpkins. So obviously I jumped on the band wagon, and made some delicious soft and juicy pumpkin bread! Just like its sister: banana bread, it’s perfect for breakfast or tea time. And I love that this recipe entails ginger, which gives the pumpkin a little somethin’ somethin’. Also this recipe is a little less sweet than other recipes, so if you like it sweet, add more sugar.
I decided to add walnuts to the pumpkin loaf, but you guys can totally add chocolate chips, pecans or ANYTHING els! So go wild. The pumpkin season is almost over, so get baking!
- 700g pumpkin
- 250g whole grain flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 turmeric
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 175°c.
- Cut the pumpkin into large cubes and steam until the pumpkins are soft. Place into a bowl and puree until smooth.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the ginger with the pureed pumpkins.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix carefully and slowly. It might take a few minutes to combine. The batter will be sticky. Add walnuts an mix. Grease up a loaf pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 40min or until a skewer comes out clean. Take it out and let it cool, before cutting.
One Reply to “Soft Juicy Pumpkin Loaf”