Today I have a new recipe for you guys. For this recipe, I have to give credit to my boyfriend, since he created this dish. How did this dish come to life? Well, we wanted to make some arrabbiata for dinner. And usually I add some milk just to counteract the acidity in the tomatoes and to make it creamier. But of course, we had no milk left. And every time I lack ingredients, is the time I begin to get creative (or in this case my boyfriend)
So we thought about adding peanut butter to make it creamier, and let me tell you, it was the right choice! Not only was it super delicious and creamy, But also so tasty and a completely different dish! So easy and so good! I tried this recipe again with milk and peanut butter and it was even better and creamier, so now I like to add both. You know those are the recipes I like. So let’s get on to the recipe.
- 350g pasta
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 dried/ fresh chili
- 500g dice tomatoes/ tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 50g oat milk
- salt and pepper
- Peal and mince the garlic. Then cut up the chili. If you don’t want your sauce to be too spicy you can remove some of the seeds. Set everything aside
- Boil some water and cool the pasta according to package instructions. When the pasta is done, set that aside.
- Then heat up a some olive oil on medium heat and add the garlic, dried chili and oregano. Let that sit for a few minutes and then add the tomato puree just before the garlic turns brown (brown garlic is bitter). Let that simmer for 15-20min. Then add the milk, peanut butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Now add the cooked pasta back into the pot with the sauce and mix for a few minutes.