I finally have another recipe blog post for you! To be honest, I’ve been super lazy when it comes to cooking lately. I know we all have those days. But instead of eating out, I want to encourage you guys to still cook at home to have a healthy meal.
The trick is just to cook a simple and easy meal. And what is more simple than a one-pot recipe? There is just so much less to wash up and the cooking process isn’t as stressful.
Also in my recipe video I talk about a secret ingredient, that I put on everything to amp up the taste and the nutritional value. Go watch the video to find out what it is!
Potato Carrot One-pot
- 700g potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 400g carrots
- 200g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp dried marjoram
- 500ml water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Wash and peal the potato and carrots and cut them into small cubes. Then dice the onion and set everything aside.
- Heat up a pot on medium heat and add some olive oil. Add in the onions and fry until translucent. Next add the dried marjoram and let it become fragrant. Now add the rest of the diced ingredients. Let it fry for about 3-4 minutes before adding water. Cover with a lid and let it cook until die potato and carrot have become soft.
- Use a masher to slightly mash the ingredients. Leave it as chunky as you would like. Then add the frozen peas and let it cook until the peas done. Lastly season with salt, pepper and vinegar. Serve hot with some fresh farmers bread.
Pasta Tomato One-pot
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 400ml passata (tomato puree)
- 400ml water
- 100ml plant based milk
- 300g spaghetti
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Prepare by dicing the onion, mincing the garlic and halving the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat up some olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion first, once translucent, add the garlic and oregano. Fry until fragrant. Then add the cherry tomatoes and let it fry for about 3-4 minutes. Then add the passata and water.
- Bring it to a simmer and add the pasta. (If the spaghetti doesn’t fully fit into the pot, spoon the sauce onto the pasta to soften. See video for reference). Once the pasta is almost done, add the milk and the basil leaves. Serve once pasta is soft.
Hope you guys like these recipes. If you do, give it a thumbs up and share it with a friend. Hope you have a lovely day!